Preparing for your Mushroom Exploration:
* Dress appropriately for the weather. We will go out rain or shine.
* Wear sturdy shoes. It is important to wear appropriate shoes/boots for being in the forest. We do our best to pick trails that can be accessed by people of a wide range of physical abilities. Events at the Catskill Interpretive Center are accessible by wheel chair.
* There are usually bathrooms or outhouses at trail heads we leave from but not always.
* Some people bring water and snacks. Baskets for collecting mushrooms and field guides for identification are welcome. Some baskets, collecting bags, and field guides will be provided.
* Cameras. Not necessary but fun and helpful for IDing fungi. Out of respect, I ask permission from people to include them in photos and encourage others to do the same.
* Some people bring a note book and pen. This is highly encouraged. I always carry this to make notes about what we find and things I learn or to drawn silly pictures of my teacher.
* Your Smile.
What not to Bring:
* Dogs. I love them but we have had issues in the past.
* Mushrooms.. Just kidding! If you find some, bring them to the walk and we will do our best to Identify them :-)
October 14th Saturday 1:30pm-3:30pm - Mushroom Walk - School for Environmental & Vocational Arts
365 Seva Lane, South Kortright, NY 13842 - To Sign up Call SEVA: 607-538-1130
October 15th Sunday 10am-Noon – Mushroom Walk - Sponsored by the Catskill Forest Association – Big Indian Park, Big Indian,NY
October 22nd Sunday 10am-Noon – Mushroom Walk – Catskill Interpretive Center - SOLD OUT
October 24th Tuesday 6pm-8pm – Presentation - Magnificent Mushrooms: How They Improve Our Lives from the Underground
The Kingston Library - 55 Franklin St. Kingston, NY 12401
October 29th Sunday 10am-Noon - Mushroom Walk - Highmount Post Office - 8 Galli Curci Rd, Highmount NY
November 5th Sunday 2pm-4pm - Mushroom Walk - 94 Terwilliger Rd Napanoch, NY 12458
Private residence of Alison and Dagen. Parking in driveway and on Terwilliger Rd.
November 12th Sunday 10am-6pm - Learn Mushroom Cultivation & Tincture Making for Great Health A Hands-On Workshop
The New York Open Center - 22 E. 30th Street New York, NY 10016 - 30th & Madison
January 12th Friday 7:30pm-9pm - Fungus Is Fundamental - Powering Personal and Planetary Health. Presenter: Erwin Karl
Love Integration Yoga - 54 West Park Avenue Long Beach, NY, 11561
January 17th Wednesday 6:15pm-9:15pm - Grow Gourmet Mushrooms Indoors - Midtown Education Center
20 West 44th Street New York, New York 10036 - between 5th and 6th Avenues
February 24th Saturday 10am-1pm - Grow Gourmet Mushrooms Indoors - New York Botanical Gardens
The New York Botanical Garden (NYBG) 2900 Southern Blvd. Bronx, NY 10458-5126
May 19th Sunday 10am-6pm - "The Healing Power of Mushrooms" @ Abundant Wellness
27 Quality Avenue, Suite C Somers, CT 06071 - Sign up the Abundant Wellness Website Full day Hands-on workshops: Mushroom Foraging/ID, Mushroom Growing, & Tincture Making
Mushroom Walks, Retreats & Cultivation Courses