January 9 - Wednesday 6pm - 8pm All About Mushrooms - Free and Open to the public
Adams Fair Acre Farms 1560 Ulster Ave Kingston NY
January 13 - Sunday 1pm - 3pm Mushroom Cultivation for City Dwellers: Learn to Grow Mushrooms on Common Waste Products
Remedies Herb Shop Brooklyn NY - Workshop Location: 132 4th Place, Brooklyn (between Court and Smith sts.)
January 14 - Monday 6:15pm – 9:15pm - Grow Gourmet Mushrooms Indoors
February 9 - Saturday Time TBA - Medicinal Mushroom Preparations
Antidote Apothecary and Tea Bar - Greenpoint, Brooklyn NY
February 10 - Sunday 10am - 1pm - Grow Gourmet Mushrooms Indoors
April 1 - Monday 7pm - 9pm - Mushroom Talk: open discussion about fungi - Open to the public
Hudson Valley Permaculture Meet-up - Marbletown Community Center Stoneridge NY
May 5 - 10:30am - Noon - Part 1: Tincture Making: Medicinal Mushrooms & Preparations
May 5 - 2pm - 3:30pm - Part 2: Mushroom walk with focus on Medicinal Mushrooms
May 9 - Thursday 1pm-3pm - Everything Mushrooms: an Introduction to Fungi
Mount Saint Mary College Desmond Campus Map to: 6 Albany Post Rd, Newburgh, NY 12550
May 17 - Friday - Youth Climate Action Summit
May 24-27 - Friends of Fungi: Foraging, Cultivation, and Medicinal Mushrooms - Menla Retreat Center
Mushroom Walks, Retreats & Cultivation Courses
Preparing for your Mushroom Exploration:
* Dress appropriately for the weather. We will go out rain or shine.
* Wear sturdy shoes. It is important to wear appropriate shoes/boots for being in the forest. We do our best to pick trails that can be accessed by people of a wide range of physical abilities.
* There are usually bathrooms or outhouses at trail heads we leave from but not always.
* Some people bring water and snacks. Baskets for collecting mushrooms and field guides for identification are welcome. Some baskets, collecting bags, and field guides will be provided.
* Cameras. Not necessary but fun and helpful for identifying fungi. Out of respect, I ask permission to include people in photos and encourage others to do the same.
* A notebook and pen. This is highly encouraged. I carry these to make notes about the fun fungi we find.
* Your Smile.
What not to Bring:
* Dogs. I love them but we have had issues in the past.
* Mushrooms. Just kidding! If you find some, bring them to the walk and we will do our best to identify them :-)