May 8-10th - Friends of Fungi Weekend Retreat: Mushroom Walks, Medicinal Tincture Making, Indoor & Outdoor Cultivation & More
Many more events coming soon...
Sign up for our news letter for updates on events
Mushroom Walks, Retreats & Cultivation Courses
Preparing for your Mushroom Exploration:
* Dress appropriately for the weather. We will go out rain or shine.
* Wear sturdy shoes. It is important to wear appropriate shoes/boots for being in the forest. We do our best to pick trails that can be accessed by people of a wide range of physical abilities.
* There are usually bathrooms or outhouses at trail heads we leave from but not always.
* Some people bring water and snacks. Baskets for collecting mushrooms and field guides for identification are welcome. Some baskets, collecting bags, and field guides will be provided.
* Cameras. Not necessary but fun and helpful for identifying fungi. Out of respect, I ask permission to include people in photos and encourage others to do the same.
* A notebook and pen. This is highly encouraged. I carry these to make notes about the fun fungi we find.
* Your Smile.
What not to Bring:
* Dogs. I love them but we have had issues in the past.
* Mushrooms. Just kidding! If you find some, bring them to the walk and we will do our best to identify them :-)